You’ve got ductless questions. We’ve got your answer!
Ductless heat pumps are growing in popularity throughout the Springfield and Eugene Oregon area. If you don’t see your questions here give a call or Ask An Expert and we’ll get right back to you.
Q: Why choose a ductless heat pump?
A: There are many reasons to ‘go ductless’ in the Springfield Oregon area. A ductless heat pump offers extremely efficient operation, and quiet operation provides both heating and cooling and is very simple to install. Also, many local and regional rebates are available making it a superb choice for many homeowners.
Q: Is there a difference between a ductless heat pump and mini split system?
A: No. They refer to the same thing. Since a ductless system is comprised of an outdoor and indoor unit they are also referred to as a mini split. However, the “ductless” terminology seems to be more prevalent in our area.
Q: Is Springfield Oregon A Good Area For Ductless Heat Pumps?
A: Yes, the Springfield area is ideal for a ductless heat pump installation. The climate in both Eugene and Springfield is ideal for a ductless heat pump.
Q: How do I hire a ductless contractor?
A: The most important decision to make is hiring the right ductless heat pump company. A ductless system requires a trained HVAC contractor that has received training in how to properly size and install the system. You’ll want someone who has training and experience on their side.
Q: What are the advantages of a ductless system?
A: Switching your home’s heating system to a ductless heat pump is advantageous in many ways:
- Save money on utility bills – ductless heat pumps boast some of the industry’s highest efficiency.
- Increased efficiency – A traditional forced air system can lose 25% via leaky and poor duct work. A ductless system uses no ductwork so there is minimal heat loss, which can save an additional 15-20% heat loss.
- Room by room comfort – Daikin ductless heating and cooling offers you the freedom to control temperatures by zone. Highly sophisticated units can detect a specific zone in which an area needs heating or cooling and then directs the needed air to that zone.
- Total control of room temperature.
- Security – Daikin products are backed up by the best warranty in the business.
Q: What size ductless heat pump should I choose?
A: With a Daikin Ductless Heating and Cooling system, you are not tied down to a ‘one-size fits all’ system. There is great flexibility when it comes to system sizing because systems are available for:
- Single zone for small spaces or single rooms
- Multi-zone with two to eight zones for small to medium-sized homes
- Whole house for larger homes with up to eight zones
Q: Why choose Daikin?
A: Daikin offers an absolute warranty to its users and has been a reliable manufacturer for many years. It is a leading innovator and provider of advanced heating systems to both residential and commercial applications. Over the years millions of Daikin ductless heating and cooling systems have been sold across the globe; in Asia, Europe and South America. Today, Daikin offers the most technologically and aesthetically advanced solutions.
Q: What manufacturer do you recommend?
A: We think that Daikin is the best manufacturer of ductless technology. Daikin is the only company in the world dedicated to ductless technology. Daikin doesn’t manufacturer TVs or any other consumer electronics like many of the other manufacturers. Daikin focuses on ductless technology day in and day out.
Q: How long will a ductless heat pump system last?
A: With proper maintenance and care a ductless heat pump should perform for over 20 years.
Q: Are there incentives available for ductless heat pumps?
A: Yes! You may qualify for rebates and incentives when you choose a ductless heating and cooling system. Low-interest financing may also be available.
These are many of the questions we hear from Springfield homeowners about their ductless heat pumps. If you don’t see your question here, you can Ask An Expert. We’re trained and certified ductless contractors. Get A Quote, Schedule Service or call today for a complimentary consultation. (541) 844-8395.